Houston, we have a show on the KPRC 2+ livestream just for you. Amy Davis breaks down the consumer news you need to know and answers the questions you’re asking us each week.
“Ask Amy” can be seen every Tuesday at 11:00 a.m.
There are THREE ways you can watch each week.
- Search for KPRC 2+ on your smart TV or streaming device - including Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, or Google TV.
- Catch the show at Click2Houston.com/watchlive or in the livestream player below.
- Watch on the Click2Houston app – which is free to download in your Apple or Android app store.
Watch KPRC 2+ programming each day here:
Missed the show when it streamed on KPRC 2+?
Catch up on YOUR time by clicking the link below. Each episode also has show notes that include websites mentioned and quick timecode references for each topic covered.
- EPISODE 10: Home Warranty help > We are getting answers to your questions about home warranty companies. Investigator Mario Diaz also joins Amy to talk about how other states hold home warranty companies accountable. Plus, Mario gives some first-hand advice for dealing with these companies. (show notes)
- EPISODE 12: Medicare Open Enrollment 101 > Medicare open enrollment begins October 15th and plans are now available for preview. Amy talks with Alex Rischan from the Houston-Galveston Area Agency on Aging about the best way to shop for Medicare, what to look for, and the new savings you will find. (show notes)
- EPISODE 14: How the BBB helps with consumer issues >Hear from Better Business Bureau President Dan Parsons about using the BBB to get help with issues you are having with a company or business. You’ll learn the review process, how complaints are handled, how the company ratings are scored, and why some businesses get kicked out. (show notes)
- EPISODE 16: DRAINED: Water bill issues in Houston > Amy Davis and producer Andrea Slaydon talk about the series of water bill stories the team is working on. You’ll also hear from the new Public Works Director, Carol Haddock about why so many meter readings are wrong on your bills and what is being done to fix the problem. (show notes)
- EPISODE 17: Still DRAINED: See full Investigative series on water bill issues in Houston > We are taking a look at the entire KPRC 2 Investigates series on the City of Houston water department. Investigator Amy Davis led our team on the ‘DRAINED’ series as we looked into issues from outstanding huge bills to brown water. (show notes)
- EPISODE 18: Shop and save for the holidays > Thanksgiving, Black Friday & Cyber Monday are behind us! The holiday shopping season is now. But we know things are more expensive this year. Producer Andrea Slaydon and reporter Bill Spencer join to talk about new ways and places to shop to help save some money. (show notes)
- EPISODE 19: New ways thieves are targeting senior citizens > Thieves work overtime to target everyone, but especially our aging parents. From free health screenings to calls about medical devices or easy part-time jobs - Jennifer Salazar, Executive Director of The Better Business Bureau Education Foundation, explains what you need to know to avoid falling victim. (show notes)
- EPISODE 20: “Ways 2 Save” End-of-year money moves to make now > We are all looking for ways to save money both at the end of 2022 and in 2023. Alan Pruitt of Pruitt Prep CPA joins Amy Davis to talk about things you can do right now to set yourself up for end-of-year taxes. Plus, how to best prepare yourself to save more money in 2023. (show notes)
- EPISODE 21: Consumer warnings for the new year > From scams that drain your bank account to thieves that use the mail to target entire neighborhoods, 2022 has been a busy year and we have been on top of it. Investigator Amy Davis wraps up some of the warnings and alerts from 2022 that you should still be aware of as we go into 2023. (show notes)
- EPISODE 23: How to get the best price on a car in this crazy market! > The car market is crazy right now! We are helping you score the lowest price on a new car. Learn the secret way dealerships get you to pay more money. Mike Rumple, Your Car Buying Advocate, explains that there is a very specific process that people who get the best deals are using. (show notes)
- EPISODE 24: 2023 Money Reset > From groceries to bills, we all know just about everything is more expensive these days. There are ways you can save yourself money by doing a money reset. We promise it’s not that scary or hard! Financial Coach Connie Portlas talks with Amy Davis about how to get started and how small steps can really add up to big savings. (show notes)
- EPISODE 26: Planning your escape: Financial and Legal 101 > This week the entire KPRC 2 team is working on “Breaking Free” - an initiative aimed at helping partner abuse survivors. Amy Davis talks with Brandi Lowery from Lone Star Legal Aid about the financial and legal aspects when you plan your escape. (show notes)
- EPISODE 29: ‘DRAINED” Investigation lessons learned > Investigator Amy Davis joins Producer Andrea Slaydon to discuss our latest round of cases looking into Houston water bill issues. From huge bills to wrong meter reads learn what some people are dealing with and what it means for all of us. (show notes)
- EPISODE 31: Protecting Your Money from Economic Downtown > From rising interest rates and inflation to bank failures, you’ve seen the news- but what are you doing about it? In this episode, Amy Davis gets practical advice from RIA Advisors’ Danny Ratliff about how to make sure you are protecting your savings. (show notes)
- EPISODE 35: College Prep 101 > College admissions have changed a lot. Some universities won’t even consider your SAT/ ACT scores. Amy Davis talks with the President & CEO of Cram Crew, a Houston college readiness business, to find out what parents and students need to do as they prepare to send in those college applications. (show notes)
- EPISODE 36: Car buying and avoiding car fraud >This week we talk about all things related to buying cars and auto fraud. It’s one of the most common questions we get. Amy Davis joins Dana Karni from Lone Star Legal Aid to share what you should know when it comes to used cars, contracts, and your rights. (show notes)
- EPISODE 38: Help for Veterans > From housing repairs to medical care, thousands of people in our area have help available that they may not know about. Amy Davis talks with Col. Dave Lewis, Ret., Harris County Veterans Services, about different types of services available for Veterans and their families. (show notes)
- EPISODE 39: FEMA flood insurance hike > FEMA is calculating flood insurance in a new way, and it means higher rates for everyone. Leash Yu from “Agency Yu” joins Amy to talk about what you can expect to pay, shopping for private flood insurance, and why you should avoid letting your policy lapse. (show notes)
- EPISODE 43: Energy savings in home and car > It’s that time of year when our electric bills jump way up. In your car and in your home, it is difficult to escape the heat. Amy Davis is joined by producer Andrea Slaydon to discuss surviving the summer heat and 12 ways to save money while doing it. (show notes)
- EPISODE 49: Will & estate planning 101 > Simple things every family needs to consider for a will, power of attorney, and other important legal documents. Attorney Bri Holcombe with the Hunt Law Firm joins Amy to explain what people should know about estate planning and wills. Plus, where you can go for free help. (show notes)
KPRC 2+ is your home for news, special shows and live event coverage.
Below is the normal newscast schedule:
- Monday through Friday: 4:30-8 a.m., 11 a.m.-11:30 a.m., Noon-1:00 p.m., 4-5:30 p.m., 6-6:30 p.m. and 10-10:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 6-7 a.m., 8:30-9:30 a.m., 6-6:30 p.m. and 10-10:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 6-7 a.m., 8-9 a.m., 10-10:30 a.m., 5-5:30 p.m. and 10-10:30 p.m.
If no newscast is streaming at these times, it’s possible it has been preempted by national news or sports coverage. You can check our TV listings for the current programming schedule.