HOUSTON – This is the KPRC 2 resource guide to living in the COVID-19 pandemic. Within, you will find the latest news and numbers of the day, answers to your most pressing health questions, how to keep yourself and your family safe, and stories from the front lines.
Every day is a new set of data about COVID-19. KPRC 2 is breaking down that data every day and making it information that you can use to inform your daily life.
- How do the number of tests being performed compare to the number of cases reported in the Texas? Take a look at the coronavirus positivity rate.
- Hospitalizations for COVID among certain populations is also of particular interest. What information is available and what is not? KPRC 2 is breaking all of that down with investigative reports like this one, driven by data.
Business & Employment:
The coronavirus has taken its toll on businesses across the country, leading to massive layoffs in Texas and general economic hurt.
- And while it may seem like a long shot, there is hope for the job seeker. Here’s some guidance for landing the job in a pandemic.
One of the biggest areas of impact from the coronavirus is on families. From education to childcare and home entertainment, parents and caregivers have faced incredible challenges over the span of the pandemic. KPRC 2 wants you to know we’re here to help with information.
- For parents of every age: Here’s what we know about child care centers in Texas, sending your kids to school in the fall, and what you need to know about education in your district.
- The strain is real on families when it comes to the potential for COVID-19 exposure. Here’s some expert advice on that.
Finding and Giving Help:
Mister Rogers always said to look for the helpers. At KPRC 2, we want to be those helpers and help you find the help you need.
- Imagine hitting the job market in one of the worst economic moments in American history. It’s rough out there, but there’s guidance for job hunting during the pandemic.
- The quarantine and stay home orders have taken their toll on mental and physical health. Here are some great programs to help address those issues.
- Local businesses need help staying afloat in the COVID-19 era. Take a look at some of the places that are local and support them as they face these unprecedented times.
It’s a new era when it comes to travel. However, KPRC 2 is helping viewers face that new reality.
- Here’s what you should know about airport/hotel safety in a restricted world after COVID-19.
Navigating official orders and guidance from authorities can be difficult as things change.
- Here’s the latest on the governor’s orders.
The heartwarming and heartbreaking stories of your lives amid COVID-19:
The one constant pre-COVID-19 and post-COVID-19 is the resilience of people in the Houston area and beyond. There’s been heartbreak, but also stories of great triumph.
Do you have questions or suggestions for this resource guide? Let us know what you are thinking. Email us at Click2Houston@KPRC.com.