Galveston County announced that beaches in the unincorporated parts of the county had reopened as of April 13.
“The beaches will continue to be heavily patrolled by law enforcement to ensure social distancing requirements are being adhered to,” officials wrote.
The city of Galveston announced on March 29 that it was closing all public beaches in the city and restricting traffic on the beach west of the end of the Seawall.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Galveston County Office of Emergency Management at 281-309-5002.
More coronavirus coverage
• Find cases by zip code: Harris County heat map shows coronavirus cases by ZIP code
• Answering your questions: We’ve got answers to dozens and dozens of your health and financial coronavirus questions
• Haley’s Health Inbox: KPRC 2 reporter Haley Hernandez answers questions readers are sending her every day
• Coronavirus charts: Who is getting coronavirus in the Houston area? We’ve crunched the data in these charts
• Follow the curve: This chart shows you the curve for Houston cases since March 15
• When it will peak: This is when each state is expected to peak in deaths from coronavirus
• Support Local: Find all the ways you can help local businesses in Houston