HOUSTON – The upcoming Houston Livestock show and Rodeo might not be your first rodeo, per se, but there will still be plenty of all-new experiences, foods, and rides to try come Feb. 28.
🍨 New carnival foods
- Hot Nashville Cheeto Chicken Sandwich or on a Stick: Nashville Hot sauce on extra crispy chicken with slaw on a toasted brioche bun. Nashville Hot chicken on a stick is smothered in cheese sauce and rolled in Hot Cheetos and topped with crisp pickles. Available at Biggy’s II.
- Fruity Pebbles Shrimp Fried Rice Bowl: Fried rice, with fruity pebbles shrimp, sausage and pineapple served hot and fresh in a hollowed pineapple. Available at Get Fried.
- Honolulu Hog Spud: Baked tater stuffed with pulled pork, teriyaki BBQ sauce, pineapple, and sesame seeds. Available at Spud Ranch BBQ.
- Rodeo Caramel Crack Sundae: Ice Cream sundae with chocolate dip, caramel corn and drizzled with caramel topped with chocolate cowboy hat. Available at Swirl Ice Cream.
- Other new good items Fruity Pebbles Funnel Cake, Captain Crunch Funnel Cake, Deep Fried Krispy Kreme Banana Split, Cowboy Slushi, Hot or BBQ Wings, Candied Grapes, Rodeo Donut Cheeseburger.
🥨 New food vendors
- Pretzel Bros
- Texas Skillet
- Asian Streetness by Moi Vietnamese Grill
🎡 New carnival rides
- Raptor Coaster: This dinosaur-themed coaster is described as a “high speed thrill roller coaster with extreme inversions, sharp bends, twists and turns.”
- Sea Ray: This family-friendly ride is pirate-themed and has a “fantastic smooth swinging motion,” rodeo organizers said.
🤠 New experiences
- Drone Show: Two hundred drones will soar over NRG Arena during the rodeo’s first-ever drone show, held at 7:45 p.m. on March 4.
- Topo Chico Hard Seltzer’s Backyard: Located near The Junction, Topo Chico Hard Seltzer’s Backyard will offer hard seltzer and beer in a lounge setting.
- Miller Time Bar: This beer garden will be situated on the north side of NRG Stadium. Expect music, seating, giveaways and photo opportunities.
- Sunday Brunch at The Champion Wine Garden: A themed brunch will be held each Sunday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
More on the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo:
- Kings, queens and singing cowboys >> The most influential entertainers in Houston Rodeo history.
- Test your Houston Rodeo knowledge >> Our quiz lets you put your rodeo knowledge to the test.
- View the 2023 entertainment lineup >> The lineup features a mix of genres, including Country, EDM, Hip-Hop, Norteño, Pop, Rock, and Christian.
- Elvis, bucking broncos and the Astrodome >> We can’t stop watching this archived footage of the Houston Rodeo.
- Ready for some BBQ? >> Here’s everything you need to know about Rodeo Houston’s World Championship Bar-B-Que contest