Suspect in Nassau Bay officer’s death ‘cooperative’ after his arrest, officials say

Mother of suspect, her boyfriend also charged

Tavores Henderson, who is accused of killing a Nassau Bay police officer, was captured Thursday after two days of evading police.

HOUSTON – After a two-day manhunt across multiple counties, deputies on Thursday arrested the suspect in the death of Nassau Bay police Sgt. Kaila Sullivan.

Tavores Henderson, 21, was taken into custody at a home in the 4200 block of Heritage Trail, officials said. He has been charged with capital murder in connection with Sullivan’s death during a traffic stop Tuesday night.

Investigators said Sullivan was killed when Henderson, who she was trying to arrest, got away, jumped into a vehicle and ran over her. The vehicle was later found abandoned, police said.

Officials provide an update on the arrest of Tavores Henderson in connection with the death of Nassau Bay police Sgt. Kaila Sillivan.

For days, officials searched for Henderson and there was a $20,000 reward offered for information that would lead to his arrest. Officials said a Crime Stoppers tip led them to Henderson.

Investigators said Henderson has confessed to the crime and has been “cooperative” since his arrest.

Henderson’s mother, her boyfriend also charged

Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said Henderson’s mother, Tiffany Henderson, and her boyfriend, Geoffrey Wheeler, are accused of hindering law enforcement who were trying to arrest Tavores Henderson.

According to Sean Teare, of the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, Tiffany Henderson and Wheeler picked up Tavores Henderson the night of the crash and took him to a motel, where Tavores Henderson spent the night. She then drove back to her house in Sunnyside, where deputies were looking for her son, Teare said. Tiffany Henderson initially denied knowing him, but later changed her story to not knowing his location, Teare said.

Both of them have been charged with hindering the apprehension of a felon, Teare said.

Teare said more charges are possible as investigators work to establish a timeline of Henderson’s movements after the crash.