3rd suspect charged in connection with $5 million heist at Buzbee's home
HOUSTON – A third man accused of stealing $5 million worth of artwork, jewelry and guns from Houston mayoral candidate Tony Buzbee’s home three months ago was due in court Wednesday, but his arraignment was reset to June 10.
Nicholas Brown, 35, is charged with burglary of a habitation.
Nicholas Johnson, 36, and Julian Franklin, 30, were each charged with second-degree burglary of a habitation in connection with the Feb. 4 theft.
Prosecutors said last week that Johnson and Franklin tried to sell one of the stolen Rolexes and some stolen artwork to a woman who told detectives she worked with Franklin in the “drug business.” The woman alerted Buzbee to the information, which led officers to Franklin and Johnson, police said.
After the burglary, Buzbee said he was able to chase away at least one of the intruders with a gun.
Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.