HOUSTON – Houston police have confirmed the death of Alexis Sharkey, also known as Alexis Leigh Robinault.
What we know so far:
- A Houston police detective on the case told KPRC 2 that the 26-year-old has been positively identified by her fingerprint. The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences identified Sharkey.
- Houston Fire Department paramedics were called to the scene. She was found along the side of the road and had no visible wounds, according to police.
- Sharkey’s cause of death has not been released. The cause of death is pending an autopsy by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
- Houston police told KPRC 2 her body was found Saturday morning by a Houston Public Works employee. A news release said that she was found in the 1000 block of Red Haw Street about 8:30 a.m. KPRC 2 is working to confirm more information and will bring it to you as we hear more.
- Sharkey, a social media influencer, went missing Friday.
- Her mother shared the news of Sharkey’s disappearance and death on social media.
- Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- A GoFundMe account has been created in Sharkey’s memory. More than $8,000 of a $15,000 target has been raised as of this writing.