HOUSTON - An Amber Alert was issued Sunday in connection with the disappearance of 4-year-old Maleah Davis.
Houston police said three men in a pickup truck may have kidnapped Maleah.
The Amber Alert said Maleah, her stepfather and his 2-year-old son were reportedly abducted by the three.
The stepfather has been identified as 26-year-old Darion Vence, according to Houston police.
She was last seen by Vence, who described the three men as Hispanics in their 30s and driving a 2010, blue Chevrolet crew cab pickup truck.
Timeline of Maleah's disappearance according to her stepfather:
- Vence said he was driving a silver Nissan Altima and that he was on his way to the George Bush Intercontinental Airport to pick up Maleah's mother with his 2-year-old son and Maleah, according to Sgt. Mark Holbrook.
- Vence said he heard a "pop," pulled over on Greens Road and Highway 59 and noticed he had a flat tire, Holbrook said. Vence then told detectives that the blue pickup truck pulled up behind him and two Hispanic men jumped out of the vehicle and told him that Maleah looked "very nice and very sweet," Holbrook said.
- Vence told investigators that one of the men hit him on the head and he was knocked unconscious, Holbrook said. Vence reported that he was in and out of conscious but woke up inside the pickup truck with the three kidnappers with his son and Maleah inside before losing conscious again, Holbrook said.
- Vence told detectives that he woke up at 6 p.m. Saturday on Highway 6 in Sugar Land with his 2-year-old son, officials said.
- Vence said he tried to summon help but no one helped him, so he went to Methodist Hospital in Sugar Land and arrived there around 10 p.m. with his son, according to police.
Holbrook said Maleah has been missing ever since. Police said the Nissan Altima is also missing.
When asked if the mother reported the children and Vence missing, Holbrook said she just had a family member pick her up from the airport.
Holbrook said there are a lot of blanks in the story and asked for the public's help to solve the case since Vence said he can't remember anything more from the last 24 hours.
Police said the motive in the kidnapping incident and its original north Houston location are unknown at this time.
Maleah was last seen wearing a pink bow in her hair, a light blue zip-up jacket, blue jeans and gray, white and pink sneakers.
Police released a photo of the Altima Vence was driving
Police released a photo likeness of the suspect's blue truck:
Editors note: A previous version of the story said Maleah was 5 years old, but her mother later confirmed to KPRC2 that Maleah is 4 years old and her birthday is next month.
Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.