HOUSTON – Basketball star James Harden may have left the Houston Rockets, but his impact on the Bayou City will forever be felt.
One of the ways the basketball player has left his mark is by opening a restaurant in the heart of the city.
The upscale eatery is offering southern favorites with a delicious twist that’s hard to find anywhere else.
Thanks to Head Chef Tobias Dorzon, the restaurant offers a variety of fun drinks, brunch, Sunday favorites, and dinner selections that help to create the perfect fine dining experience. Prices average between $40-$50 a meal.
I discovered 10 reasons why Thirteen is a must-try when it comes to new Houston restaurants:
1. Perfect for a date night: If you are coming up on an anniversary or a milestone with your significant other, this is the perfect place to go. Just make a reservation and the staff will do the rest.
2. The shrimp and lobster mac and cheese eggrolls: This mouth-watering appetizer is stuffed with mac and cheese, shrimp, and topped off with a delicious crawfish cream sauce and green onions. Definitely a house favorite even early into the restaurant’s existence.
3. The Mamba (Rest in peace, Kobe Bryant): This massive drink pays homage to the Lakers basketball legend and is one of Thirteen’s most-ordered beverages.
4. The deep-fried lasagna is the perfect twist on one of your favorite comfort dishes.
5. Delicious seafood options to choose from: Teriyaki-glazed salmon, red snapper, lobster tails, oysters, or crab cakes? Whatever you decide, you just can’t go wrong.
6. Several southern favorites: Southern cuisine is something we all love and can appreciate. Nothing says “southern hospitality” like fried chicken (but with a Maryland twist), pork chops with a bourbon glaze, collard greens, and sweet cream corn.
7. Delicious brunch options: We’ve heard of shrimp and grits but what about a Cajun boil and grits? This dish consists of gouda grits packed with crawfish, sausage, shrimp, a lobster tail and is topped with a seafood broth.
8. Dessert, anyone? Thirteen’s Cake Batter Cognac Bread Pudding is truly one of the best I’ve ever had. The huge serving is topped with a mixed berry compote and vanilla Creme Anglaise. The perfect happy ending to a delicious dinner.
9. Did I tell you there’s a hookah bar on the other side of the restaurant? You can wind down, relax, and enjoy friends after a delicious meal.
10. Great music and a great ambiance: Enjoy the vibe while devouring a great meal!
Thirteen is located at 1911 Bagby. For more information, visit the restaurant’s website.