HOUSTON – Fayette County Go Texan awarded Overall Grand Champion at the 2020 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest, according to a release.
More than 250 barbecue teams competed in the competition from Feb. 27 – 29. Teams across Texas and the world battled in a cook-off in the following categories: brisket, ribs, chicken, Go Texan and Dutch oven dessert.
For the first time, the contest hosted a Jr. Cook-off, per the release. More than 20 participants, ages 8 to 14 years old, competed. The competitors were given a steak to prepare and were judged on appearance/presentation, tenderness and taste.
Here is the full list of winners:
- Grand Champion Overall – Fayette County Go Texan
- Reserve Grand Champion Overall – Operation BBQ Relief
- Champion – Williamson County Go Texan
- Second Place – Energy in Motion
- Third Place – Rio Valley Meat BBQ