1 dead, another hospitalized after fire breaks out at home in Shepherd

Fire possibly caused by faulty electrical outlet

SHEPHERD, Texas – The San Jacinto County Sheriff’s Office said one person is dead and another has been taken to a hospital after a fire broke out at a home in Shepherd Sunday.

The sheriff’s office said it happened in the 100 block of S. Hill Ave. in Shepherd.

The preliminary reports indicate that the fire may have resulted from a faulty electrical outlet.

One person was confirmed dead at the scene while another was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.

The sheriff’s office asks people to avoid the area and watch for emergency personnel.

About the Author:

Christian Terry covered digital news in Tyler and Wichita Falls before returning to the Houston area where he grew up. He is passionate about weather and the outdoors and often spends his days off on the water fishing.