Man charged in death of wife whose body was found in freezer voluntarily seeks GPS monitor after mix-up, attorney says

A 58-year-old man is accused of killing his 29-year-old wife, who was discovered in a freeze at the man’s business, according to the Harris County Sheriff’s Office. (KPRC)

HOUSTON – The man accused of killing his wife and putting her body in a freezer is out on bond again, and his attorney says, he took it upon himself to make sure he was being properly monitored.

Investigators said Curtis Allen Holliday, 58, killed his wife, 29-year-old Chi Thi Lien Le, who had been missing since April 3.

Initially, Holliday was booked into the Harris County jail after being charged with violating a bond for a protective order and continuous violence against a family member. There, he was interviewed by investigators in connection to his wife’s disappearance.

A search of Holliday’s place of business in the 5800 block of West Sam Houston Parkway North was conducted, and investigators found Le’s remains in a commercial freezer on the property.

RELATED: 58-year-old accused of killing 29-year-old wife, leaving her body in freezer

The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences ruled Le’s death a homicide, and investigators filed a murder charge against her husband.

Holliday bonded out last week, and appeared in court Monday for an unscheduled visit.

KPRC 2 investigates learned, at the time he bonded out, he wasn’t issued a GPS ankle monitor so he went and got a wrist monitor from his bonding company.

“So I think when he bonded out there was some confusion with the paperwork regarding him officially being able to go to the courthouse to get an ankle monitor on. In fact, I advised him to try and go to the court to get it put on,” said defense attorney Rick Detoto. “He did that on Friday and I told him to take a picture of himself there to just be able to prove to everyone he was there.”

Detoto said Holliday wanted to ensure he was complying with the judge’s conditions.

“So he did not get an ankle monitor put on but part of what he wanted to do and the bonding company wanted to do was make sure he had some type of GPS on in the meantime from last week up until he went to court today to show the judge ‘hey look, I didn’t get the monitor on, I couldn’t because they wouldn’t put it on me, but I did have something on me’ to show kinda good faith to the judge,” Detoto explained.

Holliday’s trial was originally scheduled to begin Tuesday, but has now been rescheduled for next year. He is currently on 24-hour house arrest.

About the Author:

Mother of two. Award-winning lover of digital storytelling, sparked by my fascination of being a fashionable gossip like my favorite "Willona Woods" character from "Good Times." On the serious side, president of the Houston Association of Black Journalists and dedicated community servant. Happy to share the news with you each and every day!