HOUSTON – Houston fans are already searching for the best deals on what is considered the hottest ticket in town.
“I know it’s going to be really hard,” said Astros fan Michael Torres.
Torres, like many Houstonians, is hoping to score tickets to the World Series.
StubHub released their ticket demand stats on Monday, the day before Game 1, and said there are more than 4,250 tickets available. The lowest ticket price is going for $455, while the average ticket price is $1,120.
If you buy tickets on StubHub to Game 5, 6, or 7 and the series doesn’t go that deep, Stub Hub offers a cash refund on those contingent game tickets or a 120% credit for the total amount you paid to use at another time.
Lifelong Astros fan Maria Lozano is planning to go to the World Series but said she has a price limit.
“I will pay up to $3,000 because I think in 2017 I paid $1,200 per ticket,” Lozano said.
Steven Deatherage jokingly said he was considering getting tickets but felt a vacation might be just as nice.
“We thought it might be a little bit more cost-effective to take a vacation, maybe somewhere conservative like Bermuda or Hawaii,” Deatherage said.
Ticket-Buying Safety Tips from StubHub
- Never buy tickets off the street or pay cash. Even as you approach the game and there’s less inventory, there are still scam artists who will try to sell you a ticket that they can’t guarantee.
- Look for consumer protections like money-back guarantees and, ultimately, be sure that there is a customer service number that you can contact to resolve any issues.
- Be careful sharing images of your ticket on social media. Don’t invite anyone to replicate the ticket – be sure to cover the barcode if you share a photo of your ticket on social channels.
- Use technology to your benefit. With services like ‘view from seat,’ ‘favorites’ to follow your favorite venue, team or artist, and price alerts, StubHub always makes it easy to find what you want when you want it and within your budget, when you’re ready to return to live events.
- Be sure you know before you go. Read the site, check out the venue protocols and be sure you know what’s required of you before you go to the event. Minute Maid Park is not requiring masks for fans who have been fully vaccinated. Fans who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to continue to wear masks.