HOUSTON – Houston Health Department is offering up to $150 to help increase the city’s vaccination rate.
In a tweet posted on Tuesday, the Houston Health Department said its incentive program has about 6,000 $100 gift cards remaining for people waiting to get their first Pfizer or Moderna COVID vaccine dose or the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Also, people who come back to get their second dose will receive an additional $50 gift card, according to the tweet.
There's no expiration date for our incentive program! We have about 6,000 cards remaining for first doses. Get vaccinated at an eligible site TODAY and get $100 for your first dose and $50 when you come back for your second dose. Details: https://t.co/vCCFSipq2X. #hounews https://t.co/zsKI65uRHw— Houston Health Dept (@HoustonHealth) September 28, 2021
To qualify for the second dose incentive, people must have received their first dose on or after August 2, 2021, at an eligible Houston Health Department site and complete the series within 42 days.
People who get their first dose at PlazAmericas or Tidwell Park must get their second dose at the same site within 42 days to receive the second dose incentive. These two sites will not provide second dose incentives for people who received their first dose at other sites.
Unlike Harris County judge’s Lina Hidalgo $100 incentive program, Houston Health Department said their program does not have an expiration date.
The Houston Health Department fixed vaccination sites listed below are eligible for the incentive program:
Walk-ins are welcome and appointments available at 832-393-4220.
- Acres Home Multi-Service Center, 6719 W. Montgomery Rd. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Hiram Clarke Multi-Service Center, 3810 W. Fuqua St. Tuesdays: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- La Nueva Casa de Amigos Health Center, 1809 North Main St. Mondays, Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Magnolia Multi-Service Center, 7037 Capitol St. Thursdays: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturdays: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Northside Health Center, 8504 Schuller Rd. Mondays/Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Sharpstown Health Services, 6201 Bonhomme Rd. Mondays/Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Southwest Multi-Service Center, 6400 High Star Dr. Saturdays: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sunnyside Health Center, 4605 Wilmington St. Mondays/Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- PlazAmericas, 7500 Bellaire Blvd. Mondays-Saturdays: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Appointments: 1-866-333-2684
- Tidwell Park, 9720 Spaulding St. Tuesdays-Fridays: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturdays: 10 a.m.- 4p.m.