HOUSTON – A legendary board game is reexamining what community means.
Hasbro recently announced Monopoly is updating the Community Chest Cards. And, you can help decide.
Monopoly will replace cards, such as winning a beauty contest or paying for life insurance, for things like shopping local and helping a neighbor. Fans can vote on which cards should be featured in the new edition here.
The new potential Community Chest Cards include:
- You volunteer at a local literacy center and learn some fun phrases in a new language.
- Just when you think that you can’t go another step, you finish that foot race -- and raise money for your local hospital.
- You organize a block party so people on your street can get to know each other.
- You help your neighbors clean up their yards after a big storm.
- You organize a family reunion.
This rebranding marks the first time in Monopoly’s 85-year history that all 16 of its Community Chest Cards were changed. In a release, the company said “long overdue” refresh comes after the “tumultuous year of 2020,″ where the term community has taken a whole new meaning.
You can help determine the new cards by voting at MonopolyCommunityChest.com.
The updated Monopoly game with new, fan-voted Community Chest Cards will be available this fall.