MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Texas – The Montgomery County Public Health District said Monday that its 400 pre-registration slots filled within nine minutes.
All 400 pre-registration slots for vaccines filled within 9 minutes. We will keep you updated on future allocations!— Montgomery County Public Health (@MontCo_PH) January 25, 2021
The county had opened a COVID-19 vaccine pre-registration site for people who fall under phase 1B.
According to a news release, the county will administer the doses this week to people ages 65 and older and adults 18 years and older with at least one chronic medical condition.
The qualifying medical conditions include:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Solid-organ transplantation
- Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Though the registration is filled for now, anyone who meets the qualifications and would like to get the vaccine in a drive-through clinic for future allocations should follow these steps in order to pre-register:
- Go to mcphd-tx.org and click on the link to join the pre-registration list.
- Watch for an email tomorrow (Tuesday, Jan 26, 2021) between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. from firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
- You will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to make your appointment. If you do not complete the steps to make your appointment, your spot will be released to the next person on the list.
- Further instructions on location will be provided when you make the appointment online.
The county wants to note that “pre-registration does not guarantee an appointment. Appointments will not be made over the phone. If you are on the pre-registration list and do NOT receive a vaccine in this allocation, you will be required to sign up again for the next allocation. Be sure to check email regularly. All pre-registration information will remain confidential.”