HOUSTON – At KPRC 2, we’re dedicated to keeping Houstonians informed. As part of our Ask 2 series, the newsroom will answer your questions about all things Houston.
Question: To what address can I mail my filled out voter registration form? I live in Harris County.
Answer: Harris County residents should mail their completed and signed voter registration forms to the county’s voter registrar’s office.
Voter registration applications for the Nov. 3 election should be sent out on or before Oct. 5.
Here is how you should address your application:
ANN HARRIS BENNETT
Tax Assessor-Collector & Voter Registrar
P.O. Box 3527
Haven’t received a voter registration application yet? Here are ways to obtain the form in Harris County, according to the county’s Tax Assessor-Collector & Voter Registrar website:
- Download and print an application in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, or Chinese
- Request an application online from the Texas Secretary of State
- Request via phone by calling (713) 274-VOTE (8683). Assistance is available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, or Chinese
- Request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to provide a mailing address and phone number in your email so a paper application can be mailed to you
- Pick up an application at your local post office, library, high school, Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) site, Texas Health and Human Services Commission and other government offices
If you do not want to mail out your application, you can drop it off at the Harris County Tax Office located in downtown at 1001 Preston Street. The office is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. It is currently the only one open to the public due to COVID-19, per a voter assistance representative.
Not sure whether you’re registered to vote? Click here to find out.
Do you have a burning H-Town-related question? Send it our way, and we will try to hunt down an answer.