Couple found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning in southeast Houston home identified, family says

A husband and wife who were found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning at a southeast Houston residence Wednesday night have been identified.

HOUSTON – A husband and wife who were found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning at a southeast Houston residence Wednesday night have been identified.

The Houston Fire Department said they responded to a call at the residence located in the 3000 block of Burkett Street at around 9:30 p.m. When fire officials arrived at the scene, they said they found the man and woman, who have been identified as Louis McDonald and Mary Helen Williams, dead inside the home. Firefighters said they requested police officers to respond due to what they considered to be “unnatural circumstances.”

Police said the couple had recently moved into the home and were using a generator for power. According to officers, they believe the man and woman died from carbon monoxide poisoning from the generator.

Arthur Williams told KPRC 2 that Mary, who is in her 60s, is his mother and Louis is his stepfather. Arthur said the couple moved into the home about a month ago.

“I am not doing too good. It’s a sad story, you know they got caught in the fumes. It’s a sad moment,” Arthur said. “That is my mama. It’s shocking to me. I can’t believe it.”

A husband and wife who were found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning at a southeast Houston residence Wednesday night have been identified.

Arthur said the last time he spoke to his mother was yesterday.

"We was talking and I kissed her and I told her I loved her, and she knows I love her from the bottom of my heart and I am always going to love her,” Arthur said. “I ain’t really think that a generator would take my mama away like that.”

Police said no foul play has been suspected at this time.


About the Author: