HOUSTON – A 33-year-old man accused of sexually assaulting a child is on the run from law enforcement.
Celso Jaimes was supposed to turn himself in last weekend.
The mother of the child who was assaulted is living her worst nightmare.
"It started very slowly when she was 12," the mother said. "Grabbing hands, hugging and it didn't progress to major stuff until this past year."
She is devastated, but determined to get justice for her daughter -- taking her push to get him behind bars to social media.
Last Wednesday, she found out Jaimes had been molesting her daughter for three years.
"She said she was just scared to tell anybody, she didn't think that she would be believed and that if she did that it was her fault," the child's mother said.
The mother's sister found something on Jaimes' phone and told her.
"Mostly they were stills but he did make videos," the child's mother said. "Pictures of my daughter and him doing stuff that they're not supposed to be doing. They were very explicit, they're very detailed."
When the child's mother confronted Jaimes, he left and has not been heard from since.
"All he told me was, 'I'm sorry. I (messed) up,' those were his answers to me and I just lost it. I completely
lost it," she said.
Saturday was the deadline to turn himself in.
"He needs to be caught. He needs to pay for what he did to my baby," the child's mother said.
He is charged with sexual assault of a child.
"If you see him please call somebody," the mother pleaded. "It's not fair to my daughter, she can't sleep, she can't do anything, we cannot do anything until we know that he is behind bars.
Anyone with information about Jaimes' whereabouts is asked to call the Harris County Sheriff's Office.