47ºF

Heating-unit malfunction leads to fire at Cabo San Lucas Apartments

No one hurt in South Houston blaze

photo


HOUSTON – A heating unit malfunctioned at an apartment in South Houston, leading to a fire, officials said Tuesday.

The blaze took place late Monday morning at the Cabo San Lucas Apartments, 9220 Nathaniel St.

The fire was under control before noon. It started at 11:13 a.m., according to a news release from the Houston Fire Department.

No one was hurt, however, significant smoke damage was reported in several units.

Eight residents were displaced by the fire. The management company and the American Red Cross are assisting those people.

People who use heating units are advised to make sure they have a working smoke alarm, never leave their children unattended in a room with a space heater, and provide ventilation to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, among other tips from the Houston Fire Department.


About the Author: