HOUSTON – As more cases of the coronavirus emerge in southeast Texas, county leaders are announcing new orders and guidelines for restaurants and bars.
Effective from March 17 to March 31
- Restaurants, wineries, microbreweries, micro-distilleries must operate as delivery/takeout/drive-thru only.
- Bars, clubs, lounges, taverns or arcades must close
- To report violations, call 832-839-6941
Effective from March 17 to April 1
- All restaurants shall reduce the occupancy of the entire premise to 50 people or less at any one time in total.
- Tables shall be spaced a minimum of 10 feet apart.
- All restaurants may continue to-go, takeout, delivery, and catering operations.
Bars and clubs:
- Any bar or club shall limit occupancy to 50 persons or less at any one time in total.
- Movie theaters shall limit occupancy to 25 persons or less per screen at any one time.
FORT BEND COUNTY
Bars and Clubs:
- Suspend service at bars and clubs
- Reduce hours and capacity to decrease the number of people in a space at one time and increase the amount of time available for staff to clean and disinfect tables, chairs, bathrooms, etc.
- Limit service to delivery, take-out, and pick-up options, instead of sit-down dining.
- Decrease to 50% seating capacity to allow for social distancing.
- Avoid going to restaurant establishments in groups greater than 6.
- Utilize electronic payment methods instead of handling cash or coins.