HOUSTON – GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea - a day that encourages people to do good.
Over the years, it has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
On Tuesday, December 1, KPRC 2 will join #GivingTuesday in an effort to give back to our Houston community.
How can you get involved?
Whether it’s making someone smile or donating to your favorite charity, every act of generosity counts and everyone has something to give. Here are a few ways you can give back:
- Give time by volunteering
- Give a voice by advocating for the causes and issues you care about
- Give a donation to a nonprofit organization or local charity
- Give goods by organizing a donation drive
- Give a small act of kindness
- Give talent, consider giving your skills to help a nonprofit
- Share how and why you’re giving back on GivingTuesday
For more information on how to get started, visit GivingTuesday’s website here.