Not only must voters decide on the presidency, Senate and local leaders but also bonds and civil service propositions.
Here are 10 interesting propositions Houston-area residents will need to vote on within their counties:
City of Alvin, Prop A - Civil Service Law
- The ballot will read as follows: “Adoption of the firefighters' and police officers' civil service law, applicable to only the police department.”
- Click here for more information from the City of Alvin.
Brazoria, Fort Bend and Harris
Pearland ISD, Prop A - Ad Valorem Tax Rate
- The ballot will read as follows: “Ratifying the ad valorem tax rate of $1.358500/$100 in Pearland Independent School District for the current year, a rate that will result in an increase of 2.33 percent in maintenance and operations tax revenue for the district for the current year as compared to the preceding year, which is an additional $1,662,856.”
- According to Pearland ISD, the passage of the Voter-Approval Tax Rate Election (VATRE) will result in a nearly $10 million funding increase for the District. This proposed increase to the tax rate will require voter approval, but still decrease the overall school tax rate by 3.71 cents, because of state-mandated tax compression.
- Click here for more information from Pearland ISD.