Here are some yummy recipes from the kitchens of H-E-B that you saw featured on KPRC2 News Midday.
Butternut squash soup with chicken sausage
23 Oz Butternut squash pasta sauce
2 HEB Chicken sausage queso poblano links
1 cup(s) CM Free Range Chicken Broth
1 cup(s) HEB Heavy Whipping cream
1) In a medium skillet, remove the sausage from the casing and cook until 165F internal
2) Place the soup in a medium saucepan and heat the pasta sauce, cream and chicken broth.
Add the cooked and drained sausage to the soup and continue to heat for 2-3 minutes.
3) Serve with a dash of cinnamon and sage if desired.
Filled pasta with sausage and truffle oil
9 Oz HEB filled pasta (any flavor)
2 HEB chicken sausage queso poblano links
1/2 cup(s) Tomato, diced
1 cup(s) HEB Spinach
3 Tbsp Rustico White truffle oil
1 Garlic, clove, diced
1) Cook the filled pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
2) In a skillet on medium heat, remove the sausage from the casing and cook until 165F internal
temperature. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3)Drain the oil from the skillet and add the spinach tomatoes and garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
Add the filled pasta to the skillet and drizzle with truffle oil. Toss until completely combined.