Cookin' Time With H-E-B: Spooky Halloween recipes
Here are some Halloween-themed recipes from the kitchens of H-E-B that you saw featured on KPRC2 News Midday.
Spooky Good Soppin' Swedish Meatballs
2 package H-E-B Italian Style Pork Meatballs (Original or Spicy)
8 Oz Texas on the Plate Bodacious Red Soppin' Sauce
10 1/2 Oz H-E-B Select Ingredients Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/4 cup(s) sour cream
1/4 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
1 Lb Central Market Trecce Pasta, cooked to package instructions, optional
2 Tbsp green onions, green parts only, chopped
1. Preheat 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. Carefully add meatballs to skillet, cooking 2 to 3 minutes per side, until evenly browned,
cooking in batches, if needed. Remove from skillet, keep warm.
3. Add Texas on the Plate Bodacious Red Soppin' Sauce, cream of mushroom soup, sour
cream, and heavy whipping cream, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, about 5 minutes,
4. Add meatballs back to cream mixture, turning to coat, reduce heat and allow to simmer 10 to
15 minutes, until internal temperature of meatballs is 145°F. Serve over cooked pasta for a
meal or with toothpicks as a snack or appetizer. Garnish with green onions.
Chef's Tip: Do it in the slower cooker! Place meatballs, soppin' sauce, cream of mushroom
soup, and cream of mushroom soup in slow cooker, stirring to combine. Set on high for 1 to
2 hours, until internal temperature of meatballs reaches 145°F. Stir in heavy whipping cream
and garnish with green onions, just before serving.
Frankenstein's Four J Pizza Dip
24 Oz H-E-B Whipped Cream Cheese
1 1/2 Lb Ground Turkey*
2 cup(s) Four J Meatball Sauce
2 1/2 cup(s) H-E-B 4 Cheese Shredded Pizza Blend
3 H-E-B Bakery Fresh Baguettes, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare 9-by-13inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Spread cream cheese evenly in bottom of prepared casserole dish.
2. Top evenly with cooked ground turkey, sauce, and cheese. Cover with foil and carefully
place in oven. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes, until
cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Serve with bread.
Chef's Tip: It's a pizza dip! Add what you like on your pizza. Substitute ground turkey for
beef, sausage, chicken, or leave it out! Top with your favorite toppings; black olives, bell
peppers, onions, pepperonis, whatever you love!
Chef's Tip: Toss baguette slices with 1/4 cup olive oil and 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic,
lay evenly on baking sheet and bake with dip before serving.
Jack-O's Pumpkin Hand Pies
8 Oz 100% pure pumpkin puree
1 package Adam's Reserve Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix, divided
1 package Texas Pie Dough Co. Pie Puck, thawed, room temperature
1/2 cup(s) powedered sugar
4 Oz cream cheese, softened
4 Tbsp milk, divided
1 large egg, beaten
1. Combine pumpkin puree and 1/2 cup Adam's Reserve Pumpkin Spice Dip Mix. Set aside.
2. Prepare pie dough puck: roll out to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut twelve 3-inch circles, rerolling if
needed. Spoon 2 tablespoons pumpkin mixture onto six cut out circles. Place remaining six
circles on top of pumpkin mix, crimping firmly with a fork. Cut two 1/2-inch slits on each pie.
Place in fridge until ready to bake, up to 48 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place prepared pies on parchment lined baking sheet. Combine egg
and 1 tablespoon milk, brush over pies. Carefully place in oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until pies
are golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before glazing.
To make glaze: combine remaining Adam's Reserve Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix, powdered sugar,
cream cheese, and remaining milk with hand mixer until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to
Chef's Tip: Cut pies into your favorite shapes instead of circles and add 1 to 2 drops of food
coloring to pie dough and/or glaze depending on your desired theme.
Dracula's Bloody Arnold
2 Tbsp grenadine
2 1/2 cup(s) Ray's Blood Orange Wine, chilled
1 1/4 cup(s) H-E-B Select Ingredients Texas Style Sweet Tea, chilled
1 1/4 cup(s) H-E-B Fresh Made Strawberry Lemonade, chilled
2 cup(s) ice
1 blood orange, sliced for garnish
6 maraschino cherries
1. Prepare cocktail glasses by covering bottom of glass with grenadine. Set aside.
2. Combine Ray's Blood Orange Wine, sweet tea, and ice in cocktail shaker. Shake 10 to 15
seconds, until combined. Strain and divide evenly into prepared glasses. Garnish with a
blood orange slice and a maraschino cherry.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.