Anthony Yanez has been meeting with students throughout southeast Texas since 2003 and now he wants to visit you!
His engaging presentation will expose your students to the fun side of STEM. He challenges students to look at weather as more than just a forecast.
His presentation covers parts of the Texas Education Code for essential knowledge and skills for science.
Several options available:
- Kindergarten to 1st Grade: Anthony will read his children’s book, “A Wild Ride on the Water Cycle, A Jake and Alice Adventure.”
- 1st & 2nd Grade: Anthony shares what makes our weather and addresses severe weather safety. He starts with the basics of the water cycle and that leads to how lightning is made and how to stay safe in thunderstorms and flooding. Topics include the coolest clouds you’ll ever see and how hurricanes and tornadoes form.
- 3rd – 5th Grade: Anthony goes beyond Texas weather. Students will discover what students their age deal with in other cities around the country. Some topics discussed are wildfires, tsunami and earthquakes.
- Middle & High school: Anthony shares our biggest severe weather threats in southeast Texas, going into detail on hurricanes, flash flooding and heat. He also discusses the different career paths of meteorologists.
- Middle & High school: Anthony presents the latest research on climate change. He shows the history of the science, how it’s changing our weather and what the future looks like.
Here’s what teachers are saying:
“I was able to hear the program during 3rd-5th and I will say that your format is working. Stick with it! I’ve seen a lot of programs over the years and this one works. It was very interesting and interactive, the questions worked, the pictures worked, your speaking style worked…..and the kids loved it. Thanks for spreading your joy of learning. In the education world right now, we need more JOY!” Bilinda Soto – Teacher at Colony Meadows Elementary
“Having you come today was such an amazing experience for students and staff, and we were all so impressed that you seemed just as happy to be there as the kids were. You’re enthusiasm and love for what you do are clear as day 🙂” Taylor Tucker, Instructional Coach - Thomas Elementary School Richmond, Texas.
If you are a teacher or school administrator interested in having Anthony come out to your school, email Anthony to discuss dates and times. He usually makes these visits on Wednesdays or Thursdays in the morning.