Ask 2: What do I do if I have a water main break?

Photo does not have a caption

HOUSTONAt KPRC 2, we’re dedicated to keeping Houstonians informed. As part of our Ask 2 series, the newsroom will answer your questions about all things Houston.

Question: What do I do if I have a water main break?

Answer: Residents are asked to call the 3-1-1 service request line or fill out the online form available at Houston 3-1-1 Service Request Index to report a minor water main break. To follow up on the request, residents are asked to call 832-393-3004 or e-mail the office at with your 3-1-1 service number.

Do you have a traffic-related question? Fill out the form below and we will try to get you answers.


About the Author:

Traffic expert and What’s Driving Houston reporter, proud Latina, lover of animals, food and our beautiful planet.