Retail stores, restaurants, movie theaters and malls were all given the green light to start re-opening their businesses May 1, though under restrictions, through Gov. Greg Abbott’s Reopen Texas plan.
Abbott on Monday said this order is voluntary and business owners can choose whether or not to open. He also said this order supersedes all local orders.
Here is the list of businesses that can reopen on May 1:
- All retail stores, restaurants, movie theaters and malls can open provided they maintain no more than 25% occupancy
- All museums and libraries can reopen at 25% occupancy but interactive exhibits must remain closed
- Sole proprietors can safely return to work
- Churches and places of worship, while allowed to stay open through this time, will be allowed to expand occupancy starting May 1
- Outdoor sports will be allowed to resume so long as no more than four participants are playing together at one time
- All licensed health care professionals can return to work
- All hospitals must reserve 15% capacity for coronavirus patients