Woman injured in animal shelter fire

By Cody Schultz - News Producer
Headline Goes Here

HARRIS COUNTY - Firefighters treated a woman for smoke inhalation after a small fire at a home-based animal shelter in northwest Harris County.

According to Rose Hill Fire Department, the owner started a fire in the chimney late Tuesday night and forgot to open the flue.

Firefighters arrived to find the house at Kz Road and Santos Road filled with smoke. They quickly doused the flames, but had to evacuate several animals.

None of the animals were injured.

Copyright 2014 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.