We are counting down to the first day of school and most districts in our area head back over the next two weeks.
If you have anxious kids, it’s never too late to talk about how they’re feeling.
Leslie Taylor, a child psychologist with UTHealth Houston, appeared on KPRC 2+ to discuss how to calm your kid’s nerves.
The psychologist offered parents these strategies to help combat their kiddos’ back to school anxiety.
- Get your child familiar with their new schedule before school starts
- If anxiety is related to campus safety, talk about what lockdown drills might look like
- Be mindful of your child’s sleep schedule
- If you stay calm, your child is more likely to stay calm
- Reward them for facing their fears
For more of Taylor’s insights, watch the video at the top of the page.