HOUSTON – The Hobby Center Foundation has announced new COVID-19 policies that will go into effect on October 1.
According to a news release, the new policy requires anyone attending an event at the Hobby Center ages 2 and up to show proof of a negative coronavirus test or proof of vaccination.
Event-goers must also provide a photo ID. For anyone over the age of 18, the name on the photo ID must match the name on the provided proof. Anyone under 18 must be with an adult who has proper identification.
People who bring proof of a negative test should know:
- Both PCR tests and antigen tests are acceptable. The results must have been performed by a third party, such as a lab. At-home tests will not be accepted.
- Negative PCR test results must be dated within 72 hours prior to attending the event. For example, if your event is on a Friday, the date of your test results should be between Tuesday and Friday.
- Patrons who choose to take a rapid antigen test must obtain results within 6 hours of arrival. The results must have been performed by a third party, such as a lab. At-home tests will not be accepted.
For those who will be providing proof of vaccination, the criteria are as follows:
- The final vaccination date must be 14 days or more, prior to the performance date.
- Either the original vaccination card, a printed copy of the vaccination card, or a digital copy of the card, and a photo I.D. must be presented on arrival.
Proof of a negative test result or proof of vaccination will be checked before people are allowed in. Event-goers are being asked to allow extra time for testing or vaccine verification upon arrival.
Anyone who shows up late will be held outside the seating area for several minutes once the performance begins.