HOUSTON – Primary runoff elections are underway in Harris County. Early voting ended on July 10 and the election runoff is scheduled for Tuesday, July 14.
On Tuesday, voters who received mail ballots but were unable to mail in their ballots on time can go in-person to 11 locations across the county to drop off their ballot. This is the first time in recent history there has been more than a single drop-off location in Harris County.
The voter must go in-person to one of the 11 locations to verify their identity for their vote to be counted. Locations will be open during polling center hours, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday.
“We increased mail ballot drop-off locations for Election Day as another method for voters to cast their ballots safely and expand voter access for the people of Harris County,” said Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins. “Voters who applied to vote by mail but were unable to mail in their ballots on time can now take their completed ballots to any one of the 11 locations and know their vote will be counted. No Harris County resident should have to make a decision between their health and their constitutional right to vote.”
Here are the locations:
- Baytown- 701 West Baker Rd., Baytown TX 77521
- Chimney Rock- 6000 Chimney Rock Road, Houston TX 77081
- Clay Road- 16715 Clay Road, Houston TX 77084
- Clear Lake- 16603 Buccaneer Lane, Houston TX 77062
- Cypresswood- 6831 Cypresswood Drive, Spring TX 77379
- Humble- 7900 Will Clayton Pkwy, Humble TX 77338
- North Shepherd- 7300 N. Shepherd Drive, Houston TX 77091
- Pasadena- 101 S. Richey Street, Pasadena TX 77506
- South Belt- 10851 Scarsdale Blvd., Houston TX 77089
- Wallisville- 14350 Wallisville Road., Houston TX 77049
- Downtown- 1001 Preston Street, Houston TX 77002