Montgomery ISD has unveiled their reopening plan called “Montgomery Moving Forward 2020″.
The district announced in their reopening plan that all schools will begin in a phased approach between August 13 and September 8. Click here to see the phased schedule.
District board members approved a $500,000 purchase of laptops and Wi-Fi hotspots for students in need.
On Aug. 19, an online survey will be sent requesting parents to select their preference of instruction method, which goes in effect on Sept. 8. Students are requested to remain in the same instructional method for the duration of a grading period, the district said.
Montgomery ISD will begin their school year in phases. According to a flyer sent out to families, the timeline is as follows:
- Aug. 13 - All students will begin the school year remotely.
- Aug. 17 - Students will continue virtual learning. Traditional, in-person learning begins for the following students: Students with the most significant needs, ECSE, Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Special Education. Dyslexia students will be scheduled on an individual basis.
- Aug. 31 - Students will continue virtual learning, and students who began the school year on Aug. 17 will continue traditional, in-person learning. Students in 6th grade and 9th grade will begin the school year on this date with an alternate curriculum.
- Sept. 8 - Students who chose in-person instruction will begin on this date. Students who chose virtual learning will continue.
List of measures in place
- Flexible learning alternatives: Parents will need to decide which instructional method is best for their children: online or in-person. Surveys will be sent to parents on August 19.
- Sanitation: District officials will have stricter cleaning protocols during the school year.
- Masks: Masks will be required for students age 10 and older, and staff on-campus.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing will be strictly maintained when feasable in common areas, recess, lunch, and bus riding.
- Schedule changes: Students in grades 6-12 will have an A/B block schedule with four classes a day. Elementary school students will be self contained with one teacher.
Measures not in place
- Temperature screenings
- Class size limits
No information is available at this time. Check back for more updates.
MISD will begin school with Remote Learning on 8/13- 9/4/20. As of now, beginning 9/8, families have the choice between Traditional, In-Person Learning and Remote Learning. Please complete this technology access survey, one form per child, by 7/29/20.https://t.co/W6IzAjsG8I— Montgomery ISD (@MISDNews) July 22, 2020
Do you have a question about Montgomery ISD?
Fill out the form below and we will work to find the answer.