Conroe students are ready for the 2020 school year, however, the first few weeks will be different.
District Superintendent Dr. Curtis Null sent out a letter to parents Monday evening that schools will start virtually August 12, due to the rise in coronavirus cases in Montgomery County. Virtual instruction will be in place for the first four weeks of class, with a target start date for face-to-face instruction of Sept. 8.
Parents who chose virtual instruction for their children can continue after Sept. 8.
The district will be updating their Roadmap to Reopening website each day in case new information arises. Superintendent Null is expected to answer parents’ questions in a live YouTube video on July 23 at 6 p.m.
List of measures in place
- Flexible learning alternatives: Conroe ISD will have both online and in-person instruction. Parents will receive an email to make their decision whether students will learn on-campus or online by July 28.
- Sanitization: Conroe ISD confirmed on their website that they have purchased several sanitization machines such as e-misting machines to continually disinfect high-touch areas of all campuses. Hand sanitizing stations will also be available at each corner of campuses.
- Masks: Masks will be required for grades 4-12, highly encouraged for students younger than 3rd grade. Faculty and staff are required to wear masks on campus.
- Temperature checks: Although temperature checks are not recommended per state guidelines, the district highly recommends parents to screen their children weekly prior to sending them to school. Staff and faculty will be checked for symptoms daily prior to reporting to work.
- PPE: PPE was not mentioned in Null’s video, but Conroe ISD’s Twitter account confirmed that they received a shipment of PPE from the state. There is no word on how much they have received.
- Social distancing: Students are required to report to their classrooms after being dropped off by their mode of transportation. Desks will be separated six feet inside classrooms to ensure physical distancing. During Recess when physical distancing is difficult, students will be placed in staggered groups.
Measures not in place
- Class size limits
- Schedule changes
Null confirmed in his video that UIL and extracurricular events are on hold at this time as they await guidance from the TEA if they are permitted to hold these events on campus.
Join us tonight on our YouTube Channel for a live update with Dr. Curtis Null. He will be sharing about instructional options & reopening CISD for the upcoming school year. Questions should be submitted through the form on the Roadmap to Reopening webpage. https://t.co/QzhJktrek2— Conroe ISD (@ConroeISD) July 13, 2020
Do you have questions about Conroe ISD’s plan?
Fill out the form below and we’ll work to find the answer to your question.