HOUSTON – The Houston Independent School District announced it will continue its food distribution efforts at multiple sites throughout the district.
HISD Nutrition Services staff will assemble the meals at the Hexser T. Holliday Food Services Support Facility and then deliver them daily to each of the distribution sites.
The district said each location can distribute up to 500 bags or 15,000 pounds of food per day.
Staff will have minimal contact with families by placing food in their trunks. Officials said people who walk to the sites should follow strict social distancing guidelines.
Here are the locations, dates and times for distribution sites next week:
On Friday, Aldine ISD will host a Houston Food Bank Distribution Site from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at M.O. Campbell Educational Center (MOC), located at 1865 Aldine Bender Rd.
The service will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis and is limited to one bag per family.
Friday, April 24
- Northside High School, 1101 Quitman St., 9 a.m.
- North Forest School, 10726 Mesa Dr., 9 a.m.
- Reynolds Elementary School, 9601 Rosehaven Dr., 11 a.m.
- Bonham Elementary School, 8302 Braes River Dr., 3 p.m.
- Chavez High School, 8501 Howard Dr., 3 p.m.
Monday, April 27
- Benavidez Elementary School, 6262 Gulfton St., 9 a.m.
- Hilliard Elementary School, 8115 E. Houston Road, 9 a.m.
- Waltrip High School, 1900 W. 34th St., 11 a.m.
- Navarro Middle School, 5100 Polk St., 3 p.m.
- Sterling Aviation High School, 11625 Martindale Road, 3 p.m.
Tuesday, April 28
- Sam Houston Math, Science, and Technology Center, 9400 Irvington Blvd., 9 a.m.
- Marshall Middle School, 1115 Noble St., 9 a.m.
- Furr High School, 520 Mercury Dr., 11 a.m.
- Jane Long Academy, 6501 Bellaire Blvd., 3 p.m.
- Bastian Elementary School, 5051 Bellfort Ave., 3 p.m.
Wednesday, April 29
- Austin High School, 1700 Dumble St., 9 a.m.
- Mitchell Elementary School, 10900 Gulfdale Dr., 9 a.m.
- Sharpstown High School, 7504 Bissonnet St., 11 a.m.
- Holland Middle School, 1600 Gellhorn Dr., 3 p.m.
- Booker T. Washington High School, 4204 Yale St., 3 p.m.
Thursday, April 30
- Chavez High School, 8501 Howard Dr., 9 a.m.
- Moreno Elementary School, 620 East Canino Road, 9 a.m.
- Key Middle School, 4000 Kelley St., 11 a.m.
- Wheatley High School, 4801 Providence St., 3 p.m.
- Scarborough High School, 4141 Costa Rica Road, 3 p.m.
Friday, May 1
- Westbury High School, 11911 Chimney Rock Road, 9 a.m.
- Milby High School, 1601 Broadway St., 9 a.m.
- North Forest High School, 10726 Mesa Dr., 11 a.m.
- Northside High School, 1101 Quitman St., 3 p.m.
- Wisdom High School, 6529 Beverly Hill Ln., 3 p.m.