HOUSTON – Uncertainty has been just about the only certain thing during the coronavirus pandemic, and that’s not been more evident than in the effort to get kids back to school.
Without a vaccine and the coronavirus still spreading, parents have had a lot of questions about whether they should keep their children at home or allow them to head back to the classroom. What are the mental health impacts of those decisions?
Wednesday night a panel of psychology, education, medical and political experts came together to help answer some of those questions.
Meet our panelist
- Dr. Teriya Richmond – Medical Doctor
- Dr. Linda Yancey – Infectious Disease Specialist, Memorial Hermann
- Dr. Richelle Whittaker – Psychologist
- KP George – Fort Bend County Judge
- Juliet Stipeche - Director of Education, City of Houston
- Ebony Griffin - Parent, Healthcare IT
Here’s a look at some of the topics that were discussed during the Ask 2 Live event.