HOUSTON – If you have been itching to go to the movies, we have some good news. Cinemark announced plans to reopen several theaters across the country on Friday.
There are a handful of theaters already open, and Friday will see a second wave of reopenings including Cinemark 18 and XD in Webster and Cinemark 19 and XD in Katy.
According to the company CEO, people itching to get back to the movies will be met with their favorite snacks, drinks and showings of films like “Jumanji,” “Ghostbusters” and the “Goonies,” with tickets priced at $5 per adult and $3 per child.
However, people will also see some new procedures and guidelines that have been put in place in order to help keep employees and moviegoers safe.
The new “Cinemark Standard” includes some of the following measures:
- Employees will sanitize high-traffic areas every 30 minutes
- Auditoriums will be thoroughly cleaned every morning and occupied seats will be sanitized between showings
- There will be hand-sanitizing stations and wipes available throughout the theater
- Employees will be subject to health screening and must wear gloves and face masks
- There will be reduced seating to promote social distancing
- People will be encouraged to buy tickets online to help maintain contactless ticketing
- Guests will be encouraged to wear face masks or covering in all common areas
- All self-serve services, such as candy or condiments, will be suspended
- Free refills have been on annual refillable cups and popcorn tubs will no longer be allowed
According to the website, people who purchase tickets and then cannot go to the movies because they feel sick can get a refund by going online, through the app or by calling 1-800-CINEMARK.