Cedar grilled wild Alaska sockeye salmon
1 lb. fresh Wild Alaska Sockeye Salmon fillets
1 tsp Adams Reserve Citrus Seafood Rub or Asian Spice Rub
½ cup Global Palate Thai Red Curry
2 tsp All Natural Central Market Smooth Peanut Butter
2 tbsp Light Coconut Milk
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
½ cup H-E-B Unsalted Dry Roasted Peanuts, roughly chopped
1 bag Central Market Organics Quick Cook Grains Quinoa
Central Market Organics Free Range Chicken Broth, Low Sodium
1. Pre-soak a grilling plank in water for a minimum of 30 minutes, and up to 24 hours if desire.
2. Remove pin bones from salmon.
3. Set grill to medium heat. Coat one side of plank with canola oil and then place dry side of plank down on grill.
4. Season salmon with rub.
5. Coat bell peppers with canola oil.
6. Add bell peppers to grill and rotate until skin of peppers has grill marks and has bubbled up.
7. Place salmon skin side down on plank and grill for 8-10 minutes. Salmon is cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°F.
8. While salmon is grilling, prepare quinoa per package instructions with chicken broth.
9. Combine Global Palate Thai Red Curry, peanut butter, and coconut milk in small saucepan and heat for approximately 5 minutes until sauce thickens and coats back of spoon.
10. Slice bell peppers.
11. Place salmon over ½ cup of prepared quinoa, add curry sauce and sliced peppers.
12. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro.
This recipe was inspired by KPRC Local 2 employee Silvia Garza.
Copyright 2013 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.