Hello my friends! A lot is happening in the traffic world, here’s a breakdown of what you need to know:
Man, is the pain at the pump real. These past weeks, what used to cost me about $45, I know I am paying close to $70 to fill up my 14-gallon tank of gas. As I’ve mentioned before, I drive from Cypress all the way to Southwest Houston, so this requires me to fill up every week. So I’m shelling out a pretty penny these days for my monthly gas bill. Drivers all over Texas are feeling this pain, the average gas price in Texas is $4.69 for a gallon of regular unleaded fuel, according to the AAA Texas Weekend Gas Watch. That price is seven cents more than on this day last week and is $1.93 more per gallon compared to this day last year. The national average price for a gallon of regular unleaded is $5.01, which is four cents more when compared to this day last week and $1.94 more than the price per gallon at this same time last year. A gift card for gas doesn’t sound too bad this year for a Father’s Day gift.
My friends out in Tomball, buckle up for some big construction closures impacting you this Father’s Day.
Closure Details: Friday, June 17 9 p.m. - Monday, June 20 5 a.m.
- The northbound and southbound Tomball Tollway main lanes between Boudreaux and the Grand Parkway will be closed.
- The eastbound SH-99/Grand Parkway main lanes from the Rocky Road exit ramp to the Boudreaux exit ramp will be closed.
- The northbound Northpointe entrance ramp on Tomball Tollway will be closed.
A few months ago I told you guys about the safety issues the North Freeway lane closures near Cypresswood were causing Spring area residents, as TxDOT worked to investigate and fix the bridge over Cypress Creek. The southbound main lanes have reopened, but the exit to FM 1960 is still closed plus, lane reductions along the feeder are still in place. This is what’s causing the massive back ups near IH-45 and Cypresswood, so what TxDOT did was they created a new bypass lane along the feeder that can take drivers straight to 1960. Click here to read more.
You can get more details on this closure here.
Drive safely my friends :)
KPRC 2 traffic expert
Have a traffic question? I can help.
What do you want to know about Houston traffic? Ask here! And if you want your question answered live on TV, send me a video of yourself asking your traffic question in a private message on my Facebook page here!
This week, TSA screened 1,397,281 people at airport security checkpoints nationwide. Remember to take an extra look in the checkpoint bin to make sure you haven’t left anything behind.
Houstonians traveling to, or through, Third Ward may find their usual routes altered this weekend to accommodate the Emancipation Park 150th Juneteenth Celebration on Saturday, June 18 and Sunday, June 19.
Here’s the street closure plan:
- Friday, June 17 7 a.m. – Saturday, June 18 7 a.m.
- Emancipation Ave. west curb lane closure (park side) between Tuam St. and Elgin St.
- Hutchins St. north curb lane closure (park side) between Elgin St. and Tuam St.
- Tuam St. south curb lane closure (park side) between Hutchins St. and Emancipation Ave.
- Emancipation Ave. north bound/east curb lane parking spaces between Elgin St. and Tuam St.
- Saturday, June 18 at 7 a.m. – Sunday, June 19 at midnight (daily):
- Full closure north and south bound Hutchins St. from Elgin St. to Dennis St.
- Full closure east and west bound Tuam St. from Hutchins St. to Emancipation Ave.
- South bound closure Emancipation Ave. at Tuam St. to Elgin St. (North bound Emancipation Ave. remains open for thru traffic)