HOUSTON - Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson is helping storm victims after Hurricane Harvey.
Watson helped Thursday morning to refurnish over 100 Houston Habitat for Humanity homes damaged by the storm.
- Houston, we have a quarterback and his name is Deshaun Watson
- Habitat for Humanity kicks off long-term recovery phase for those…
- $3.7M donated to repair Habitat for Humanity flood-damaged homes
- Road to recovery: Habitat for Humanity homes destroyed by Hurricane Harvey
- Neighborhood where KPRC's Habitat for Humanity homes built flooded
Watson, along with Ashley Furniture, is providing new furniture to 176 homes that flooded during the storms.
Watson said despite the storm, he wants to make sure that homeowners are able to rebuild better than before.
"The hurricane kind of made everyone have to start over, but I think they're going to be able to regroup and make it stronger and make it a better home than it was even supposed to be before," Watson said.
"The blessings. I'm rewarded. I can't, I don't even know. Every time I think this is exciting, this is good, it just blows up more, it just keeps on flowing," homeowner Chandra Winn said.
Watson also spent time with families in two of the hardest-hit neighborhoods.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.