Was your car towed due to flooding? Here's where to go to get it back
HOUSTON – If you were one of the many Houston residents forced to abandon your flooded or stalled vehicle as a deluge of rain from Tropical Depression Imelda flooded roads throughout the city, your car may have been towed by the time you are able to search for it.
Houston City officials said they will likely begin towing vehicles blocking public roadways as flood water starts to recede.
If your car was towed in Houston, you can search for it at www.findmytowedcar.com or you can call the Harris County Tow Line at 713-308-8580.
Here is a list of towed car lines for other counties in the southeast Texas coastal region:
- Galveston County Sheriff (Galveston, Bolivar, La Marque, Texas City, Hitchcock, Santa Fe): 409-766-2322
- Galveston County Sheriff (League City, Dickinson, Bacliff, San Leon, Kemah, Friendswood, Algoa): 281-534-3515
- Montgomery County Tow Line: 936-760-5871
- Waller County Sheriff: 979-826-8282
- Brazoria County Sheriff: 979-864-2338
- Liberty County Sheriff: 912-876-2131
- Fort Bend County Sheriff: 281-341-4665
Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.