HOUSTON - Here are the Top 12 Houston spots for healthy options while eating out, according to Good Taste.
More Good Taste Headlines
Listed in alphabetical order:
- Baba Yega Café -- Baba Yega Café is known for their delicious brunch and large selections of vegan/vegetarian options. Try the Mustard Maple Grilled Salmon -- Grilled & topped with maple-mustard glaze.
- Backstreet Cafe -- This Houston classic has a large selection of healthy options, my favorite is the lentil salad and the tuna poke. Try the Tuna Poke -- Fresh raw tuna, avocado, cucumber, scallion, and sesame seed.
- Bistro Menil -- Chef Greg Martin’s culinary career was shaped by his years in Houston and extensive travels throughout the United States and Europe. Try the Tuna Tartare tacos with lemon avocado salad.
- Cafe TH -- The most memorable Asian fusion flavors can be experienced here! Café TH strives to offer healthy alternatives, with an expansive menu offering customers’ diverse dietary options like; gluten-free, dairy-free, Paleo and Vegan. Try the Bun Bo Hue -- a spicy Vietnamese Beef Noodle soup.
- Coltivare -- This neighborhood Italian/American joint is known for their beautiful backyard garden that’s brimming with fresh vegetables. Try the grilled local cabbage with romesco, salsa verde & parmesan.
- Fadi's Mediterranean Grill -- A Houston favorite since 1996, Fadi Dimassi strives to serve delicious Mediterranean cuisine true to his roots using family recipes. Warning: the quinoa and Baba Ganough can be highly addicting!
- Fogo de Chão -- Inspired by Brazilian farmlands and recipes, their expansive market table is full of seasonal salads, ripe fruits, grilled vegetables, charcuterie with cured meats and cheeses, antipasto selections and more!
- Harvest Organic Grille -- Catering to those with food aversions by offering 36 gluten-free, 25 vegetarian, and 27 dairy-free dishes. Vegan options are also available. Himalayan Salt and Alkaline water is provided at your table and to complement your meal, 16 raw fruit and vegetable juices are offered for beverage options. Try the Wild arugula, spinach, alfalfa sprouts, avocado, chia seeds and parsley finished with poached wild-caught salmon
- HS Green -- Named after the owner’s two daughters, Hannah and Sophia, HS Green opened its first location on Richmond Avenue in early 2016. Since then, HS Green has become a local favorite, where everyone can eat healthy without getting bored and indulge without regret.
- Hutie’s 5 Free Fire Grill -- Healthy South American cuisine where you create your own dish when you choose a main, pick a base, pair a side, sauce it up and top it off.
- Local Foods -- Craving a sandwich without all the fat and calories? Go for the Gulf Seafood Sandwich: -- Shrimp, Crab, Green Goddess, Pickled Red Onion and Tomato all on a fresh Ciabatta Bun
- True Food Kitchen -- A health-driven, seasonal restaurant offering nutrient-rich ingredients and a bar with a vast selection of wine, local beers and seasonal cocktails made using fresh-pressed fruit and vegetable juices. Try the Tuna Poke Bowl -- wild caught albacore, avocado, quinoa rice, mushroom, snow pea, cucumber, cashew, turmeric ponzu.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.