Discover Houston water parks: Lots of family water fun at Hurricane Harbor Splashtown
HOUSTON – Throughout the summer, KPRC2 will be featuring Houston's many water parks in hopes of inspiring fun for you and your family.
Sunday's featured water park: Hurricane Harbor Splashtown
The slides: Among those for thrill seekers are the Big Spin and Paradise Plunge, but there are also two interactive areas for kids as well as a lazy river and some rides the whole family can go on together.
Kid-friendly rides: There are a variety of rides that are idea for kids. They are:
- Coconut Bay: Minimum height for a child is 50 inches tall. Kids can play in their own version of the wettest thrills when they will step into Coconut Bay, the new interactive children's area.
- Tree House: There is no minimum height. The Tree House offers three stories of interactive fun where kids can climb net ladders, slide down slippery slides and get soaked as a 1,000-gallon bucket dumps water over everyone below.
Special events: There are a variety of special events throughout the summer you can take advantage of. Here are a few:
- Fireworks Show: July 4-5
- Hero Appreciation Week: July 15-18
- Texas Fest: July 28 (Spend the day enjoying food and a live performance on the Wave Pool concert stage)
- Labor Day Luau: September 2
Location: 21300 Interstate 45 N, Spring
Summer hours of operation: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
Ticket cost: Single-day passes start at $41.99 per ticket and season passes start at $66.99 per pass.
Parking: A daily parking pass costs $23.15. You can purchase in advance online or pay the same amount onsite.
More information: For more, click here.
Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.