Armed man robs at least 14 Houston-area fast food restaurants
Crime Stoppers and HPD asking for information that could lead to an arrest
HOUSTON – Crime Stoppers and the Houston Police Department are searching for a man who robbed at least 14 Houston-area fast food restaurants at gunpoint.
Police said the suspect committed each robbery in the same manner: he would enter the restaurant, point a handgun at the employees and demand money from the cash registers.
During a few of the robberies, police said the suspect was seen getting into a black Chevrolet Trailblazer.
The suspect is believed to be responsible for the following robberies:
- Jack In The Box in the 13000 block of Briar Forest Dr. on December 26, 2015
- Whataburger in the 7600 block of West Bellfort Ave. on January 4, 2016
- Popeye's in the 8300 block of Broadway St. on January 20, 2016
- Waffle House in the 10100 block of Almeda Genoa Rd. on January 24, 2016
- McDonald's in the 10400 block of the Northwest Fwy. on January 31, 2016
- Jack In The Box in the 6000 block of Long St. on February 8, 2016
- Popeye's in the 4800 block of Willowbend Blvd. on February 20, 2016
- Jack In The Box in the 8600 block of W. FM 1960 on February 22, 2016
- Wendy's in the 6000 block of Richmond Ave. on March 9, 2016
- Burger King in the 4600 block of Bellfort Ave. on March 14, 2016
- Jack In The Box in the 900 block of Shepherd Dr. on March 15, 2016
- Church's Chicken in the 4500 block of Griggs Rd. on March 18, 2016
- Jack In The Box in the 14000 block of Cullen Blvd. on March 25, 2016
- Jack In The Box in the 8400 block of Hillcroft Ave. on March 25, 2016
The suspect is described as a black man, approximately 30-45 years old, 6 feet to 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing 220-250 pounds, with black hair.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers or the Houston Police Department.