Pick the option that works best for you to get to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo safely this season.
The most important thing to remember is: HAVE A GAME PLAN!
Traveling to the Houston Rodeo is easy, using METRORail, Park and Ride, or being dropped off by a rideshare service are all great ways to get to the fun at NRG.
Park and Ride
- Park at one of these convenient locations and ride a shuttle to NRG Park. Visitors are dropped off near NRG Center and NRG Arena. Handicap Accessible parking locations include Old Spanish Trail 1, West Loop, Monroe and Maxey.
- Something noteworthy is that a driver shortage is affecting METRO’s Park and Ride operations this year.
“The big difference that somebody might expect, it might take a little longer to get there and a little longer to get home. Usually, we offer bus services out of different locations. This year, we are offering service out of Maxey Road,” Andrew Skabowski, METRO Houston executive vice president and chief operating officer, said.
- The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo has always partnered with METRO Houston to get folks to and from NRG, but this year they’re helping out Texas style by bringing in 400 charter buses from all over the country to help fill in the park-and-ride gaps.
- Old Spanish Trail: 12103 South Braeswood (operated by Houston Rodeo, $20 to park vehicle, free to ride shuttle straight to NRG Stadium.)
- Aramco Services Company: 9009 W. Loop South (No charge to park. Round trip costs $7 for ages 4 and older. Free for ages 3 and younger)
- Reed Road: 2400 Reed Rd. (off Hwy. 288) (No charge to park. Round trip costs $7 for ages 4 and older. Free for ages 3 and younger)
- West Loop: 4675 S. Braeswood (No charge to park. Round trip costs $7 for ages 4 and older. Free for ages 3 and younger)
- Monroe: 8833 1/2 Gulf Freeway (I-45) (No charge to park. Round trip costs $7 for ages 4 and older. Free for ages 3 and younger)
- Maxey: 515 Maxey Rd. (Operated by METRO. No charge to park. Round trip costs $4 per person)
- Fannin South: 1604 West Bellfort: ($20 to park. Free METRORail passes for all passengers)
- The Woodlands Express: 701 Westridge Road
Plan on paying $20 to park at NRG, if you are driving yourself. You’ll pull into the Yellow Lot, 610 or Old Spanish Trail and catch a free tram ride to the stadium.
All in all, you have to leave early to get to where you need to be on time -- think about it, millions of Houstonians will be flocking to NRG at one time so plan, plan, plan!
Drive safely Houston,
KPRC 2 traffic expert
Have a traffic question? I can help.
What do you want to know about Houston traffic? Ask here! And if you want your question answered live on TV, send me a video of yourself asking your traffic question in a private message on my Facebook page here!
- REMINDER: All airports remain under a federal mask mandate. Passengers, two years and older, must wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth.
- Southwest Freeway: The northbound connector ramp to IH-610 West Loop will be shut down on Saturday, February 26 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Traffic is to exit Weslayan Street and U-turn at Weslayan Street onto IH 69 Southwest Freeway southbound feeder. Take the next entrance ramp onto IH 69 Southwest Freeway southbound main lanes.