COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Florida State University head football coach Jimbo Fisher is headed to Texas A&M University, according to a statement from FSU President John Trasher.
Thrasher said Fisher informed him Friday that he had accepted an offer from Texas A&M to become the school’s new head football coach.
- Who is Jimbo Fisher? A look at new Texas A&M football coach
- Will Jimbo Fisher be on private plane owned by Texas A&M alum?
- Jimbo Fisher's head coaching deal with Aggies 'likely' to be for 10 years
- Reasons why Jimbo Fisher would benefit as Texas A&M head coach
- Jimbo Fisher will be Aggies next head coach, sources say
“We appreciate all he has done for our program and wish him and his family great success moving forward,” Thrasher said in a statement.
Officials at Texas A&M have yet to speak on the matter.
Friday’s news comes after KPRC 2 sports director Randy McIlvoy reported Sunday that Fisher would become the Aggies’ new coach.
Former Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin was fired after six seasons.
This story will be updated soon with more details.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.