2017 Houston Texans regular season schedule released
HOUSTON – The Houston Texans 2017 regular season schedule has been released.
Home games are bolded.
- Week 1: Sun., Sept. 10: 12 p.m. vs. Jaguars
- Week 2: Thurs., Sept. 14: 7:25 p.m. at Bengals
- Week 3: Sun., Sept. 24: 12 p.m. at Patriots
- Week 4: Sun., Oct. 1: 12 p.m. vs. Titans
- Week 5: Sun., Oct. 8: 7:30 p.m. vs. Chiefs
- Week 6: Sun., Oct. 15: 12 p.m. vs. Browns
- Week 7: BYE
- Week 8: Sun., Oct. 29: 3:05 p.m. at Seahawks
- Week 9: Sun., Nov. 5: 12 p.m. vs. Colts
- Week 10: Sun., Nov. 12: 3:05 p.m. at Rams
- Week 11: Sun., Nov. 19: 12 p.m. vs. Cardinals
- Week 12: Mon., Nov. 27: 7:30 p.m. at Ravens
- Week 13: Sun. Dec. 3: 12 p.m. at Titans
- Week 14: Sun., Dec. 10: 12 p.m. vs. 49ers
- Week 15: Sun., Dec. 17: 12 p.m. at Jaguars
- Week 16: Mon., Dec. 25: 3:30 p.m. vs. Steelers
- Week 17: Sun., Dec. 31: 12 p.m. at Colts
The first game to be played on NBC will be the Cowboys vs. the Giants on Sunday, Sept. 10.
New England is the visitor against Oakland at Mexico City on Nov. 19.
One of the spoils of being champion: The New England Patriots will kick off the NFL season on Sept. 7 by hosting the Kansas City Chiefs.
New England earned that honor with its record comeback to beat Atlanta in the Super Bowl. Its opening opponent in a Thursday night game won the AFC West last season.
The Falcons visit Chicago in their first game.
The rest of the opening weekend will feature what seems like a yearly occurrence, with Dallas hosting the New York Giants on Sunday night. They finished 1-2 in the NFC East in 2016.
On Monday night, New Orleans is at Minnesota, followed by the Chargers, in their first game representing Los Angeles since 1960, at Denver.
Five games will be held abroad, beginning with Baltimore vs. Jacksonville in London on Sept. 24. The next week, Miami hosts New Orleans. In Week 7, the Rams host the Cardinals, followed the next week by Minnesota vs. Cleveland.
The preseason schedule for the Houston Texans was released on April 10.
The Texans will take on the Panthers, Patriots, Saints and Cowboys this preseason.
Here is the full list of preseason games:
- Week 1, Aug. 10-14 at Carolina
- Week 2, Aug. 17-21 vs. New England
- Week 3, Aug. 24-28 at New Orleans
- Week 4, Aug. 31-Sept. 1 vs. Dallas
Kickoff times are yet to be determined.
This year, O'Brien and the Texans will hold their training camp at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.
The Texans begin their fourth offseason workout program under head coach Bill O’Brien this month.
Players return to NRG Stadium on April 17 for the start of the nine-week voluntary offseason program.
Other important dates on the 2017 offseason schedule:
- April 17-21: Offseason workouts (Phase 1, Week 1)
- April 24-28: Offseason workouts (Phase 1, Week 2)
- May 1-5: Offseason workouts (Phase 2, Week 3)
- May 8-12: Offseason workouts (Phase 2, Week 4)
- May 12-14: Three-day rookie minicamp
- May 15-19: Offseason workouts (Phase 2, Week 5)
- May 22: Start of OTAs (organized team activities)
- May 22-May 23, May 25: OTA #1, 2, 3 (Phase 3, Week 6)
- May 30-31, June 1: OTA #4, 5, 6 (Phase 3, Week 7)
- June 5-6, June 8-9: OTA #7, 8, 9, 10 (Phase 3, Week 8)
- June 13-15: Mandatory Minicamp (Phase 3, Week 9). This is the only portion of offseason workout program that is mandatory.
Phase One consists of the first two weeks of the program with activities limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only.
Phase Two consists of the next three weeks of the program. On-field workouts may include individual player instruction and drills as well as team practice conducted on a "separates" basis. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.
Phase Three consists of the next four weeks of the program. Teams may conduct a total of 10 days of OTA activity. No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.