HOUSTON - President Donald Trump's campaign announced on Sunday a "Big Texas Tailgate" to happen before his rally at the Toyota Center in Houston on Monday, Oct. 22.
According to a press release, the tailgate will have food trucks, live music, appearances and speeches from Trump campaign spokespeople and TVs to watch the rally happening inside the arena.
"Texas is big, and so will be the turnout for our MAGA (Make America Great Again) rally in Houston, Texas, Monday," said Michael Glassner, chief operating officer of Donald J. Trump for President Inc.
The rally starts at 6:30 p.m. at the Toyota Center.
Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said closures around the Toyota Center and downtown will begin at 8:30 p.m. Sunday and end at 10:30 p.m. Monday.
These streets include the following:
• Polk Street between Austin and Chartres streets
• Clay Street between Austin and Hamilton streets
• Bell Street between Austin and Chenevert streets
• La Branch Street between Dallas and Leeland streets
• Crawford Street between Dallas and Polk streets
• Jackson Street between Polk and Leeland streets
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.