HOUSTON - Tuesday is Election Day across the Houston area as voters will cast their ballot in the general and special elections.
Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. across local counties. There are 735 polling locations throughout Harris County. Voters must vote at the voting precinct where they are registered to vote.
“Voters should know the address of their voting location and the acceptable forms of identification required at the poll before going to vote,” Harris County Clerk Stan Stanart said. “The polling location in approximately 30 voting precincts in areas impacted by Hurricane Harvey, have changed.”
There are seven state propositions to vote on as well as several city, ISD and utility district contests on the ballot, depending on which county you reside.
In Harris County, voters must go to the polling place of the precinct where you are registered to vote. Other counties use voting centers, and allow people to cast their ballot at any center.
Several voting locations have changed as a result of Hurricane Harvey.
It is important to know your options and the nearby polling locations before heading out to cast your vote.
To find polling locations, view a personal sample ballot or review the list of acceptable forms of identification to vote at the poll, voters may visit www.HarrisVotes.com or call the Harris County Clerk’s office at 713-755-6965.
Helpful links for Election Day:
Forms of required voter identification:
- Texas driver license
- Texas personal ID card issued by DPS
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- U. S. military identification card containing the person's photograph
- Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
- United States passport
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person's photograph
If you do not possess or cannot obtain one of the above forms of identification, then you can fill out a declaration at the polls explaining why and bring one of the following supporting documents:
- Valid Voter Registration Certificate
- Certified Birth Certificate (must be an original)
- Copy of or original Bank Statement
- Copy of or original Government check or paycheck
- Copy of or original current Utility Bill
- Copy of or original government document with your name and an address (original required if it contains a photograph)
The League of Women Voters has also compiled a guide for voters which you can view here.
More helpful links:
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.