KATY, Texas - The Katy Independent School District is hiring bus drivers.
The starting wage is $16.66 per hour, plus benefits. Bus drivers are off during the summer and school vacations.
Katy Magazine reports the position offers day care for bus drivers’ children for $2 per day, per child that are 18 months of age through elementary school age.
Responsibilities include driving a school bus, on a split shift, in a safe and on-time manner.
- Obtain a commercial driver's license and endorsements (Katy ISD will provide behind-the-wheel instruction and classroom assistance) and pass the Texas bus driver's training course.
- Be in good physical condition and be able to pass the yearly, required physical and drug test examinations (paid for by Katy ISD)
- Be 21 years of age, with a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a driver's license.
- Have a good driving record and a clean criminal history.
For the complete list of position requirements, go to the listing via this page under the category “auxiliary,” and then “transportation.” Several positions, including bus driver attendant, bus driver and bus driver trainee are available.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.